Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day ?

Blasts occur. Some people die. Many others get injured. Rest move on...
"Why do we simply move on ?"
I asked this to my friends last night. As Pune once again welcomed Valentine's day with the color red. However, this time it is the red of blood, and not the red of roses. The answer: "What should we do ? And what can we do ? Sit ? Cry ? Sulk ? Find the terrorists ? What ? Vote ? Yea then what ? BJP ? Congress ? So we move on."

German Bakery. I can't count the number of times I have been to that place. And today. It's just gone. It was a hub of world culture, place to indulge in meaningless musings, lavish breakfast, sporadic conversations and for some a place to make new friends and meet interesting people. We didn't need a reason to land up in German Bakery. Breakfast, coffee or simply catching up. It was (can't believe I'm using the word "was") one of our favorite places. And it's no more... It's scary. Hope they rebuild it.

I don't want to write more, so let me try to finish this post with something cheerful on this otherwise ugly day.
Somebody sent 40 red roses to our apartment early morning. We don't know who are they from, and nobody is claiming it as well. Funny...
So my heart, my prayers, and the roses as well to Pune and to those who suffer.

3 comments:

  1. http://thoughtbubbles.wordpress.com/2010/02/15/peoplelikeus/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can feel your pain. Unfortunately, the political will is very weak and so is the vote bank. We forget and forgive. A policy that should change. The alternative though remains elusive.

    In hope of a better day...

    Priyanka, Delhi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tushar,
    yea... you are right. These people were just like us. We could have been there ourselves.
    And something more that I want to tell you... couple of those girls who lost their lives were from our company... :(. So it's really sad and scary at the same time.

    Priyanka,
    a better day... yea it's a hope we are all living on... and that's why I try to live for today and make the best of the moment.

    ReplyDelete