Monday, August 8, 2011

Indian Lounge Music


I'm still unsure of the name for this genre of music. I've heard people referring it to as "Indian Lounge" or "Indian Classical Lounge"or "South Asian Lounge", "Indian Fusion" and a few other names. Blending Indian classical music with western sounds or new age music gives birth to this kind of genre which is still relatively new. I think this music became really popular with the Buddha Bar collection. Although my exposure to Coke Studio has been limited to the videos people have been sharing on the social networking mediums but the genre being featured there doesn't look very different either, although sufi music continues to be the predominant factor there.

My discovery to the "acoustic lounge" music is not very old, and in a subtle way it has carved a niche in my playlist which mostly features old rock numbers along with some alternative rock. I will let the music do all the talking in this post and will share some of the artists and songs that I have enjoyed listening to of late.









Pulkit, my cousin who stays in Pune, just informed me about Metallica's India tour. Their first gig is going to be in Delhi on October 28. I'm expected to be in Delhi during that time and this is something I don't want to miss. So I'll end this post with one of Metallica's acoustic versions of  "Nothing Else Matters".







No comments:

Post a Comment